Wednesday 24 June 2009

Blimey!

I can't believe how long it's been since I last wrote anything here! My only excuse is that I've been busy!

I went on a great yarn dying workshop a few weekends ago and intended to tell all about it, but got busy with some yarn instead. So far there have, if I'm honest, been mixed results. I tried to dye some mixed animal fibres with a mossy green and a bright orange... I ended up with sludge and blotchy orange that was a bit too flourescent! Apparently I can overdye it but to be honest I may keep it as a reminder of how I'm going to improve.

Of course the trouble with dying my own yarn is that it means trashing the kitchen. I'm one of those cooks who can wreck a kitchen doing beans on toast so Husband starts to panic every time I start talking about having a play!

We spent last weekend in Derbyshire again. It's so nice to have a place where we can just chill out, read and of course knit, without the distraction of the interweb, telephone or TV. Trouble is we ususally spend so much time sleeping that we don't get to see much of the area. Ah well, we have plenty of time...

I've also started going to a knitting group. It's only every other week but so far it's been really good. I've even got a couple of them interested in crocheting! And Husband gets to go for a chippy tea occasionally!

One of the other main distractions the last few weeks has been me, playing up again! I've been all over the place with my blood pressure and just feeling even more exhausted than normal. But I saw a new doc this week. So I'm off the BP tablets and upping the steroids. Apparently we no longer need to worry about protecting my kidneys from high blood pressure and my lupus is having a bit of a flare so we're 'nipping it in the bud' (or should that be knipping - nah that doesn't look right at all).

And now Wimbledon has started so it's time to knit something brainless so I don't miss anything in SW19!!

I'll try to come back sooner next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment